So this last week has definitely been busy to say the least. And I only had 4 days of instruction instead of 5 cuz of Labor Day.
Tuesday was pretty easy, just French, Geometry and working in the art gallery, though I'd forgotten most of my French by now and it's not as fun when you're that rusty. Tuesday night was the launching of the new Tuesday Off Campus bible study. We had a pretty good turn out of 10 people, 2 of which were new to InterVarsity (IV). We had pizza and an informal get to know each other time. A pretty good day/night.
Wednesday was so much more stressful I almost had a nervous breakdown. It started out with realizing that the placement of one of my classes raises my chances of running into someone that I'm honestly kind of trying to avoid for as long as possible. It's a really sticky situation that I wish I hadn't gotten myself into, and I do take part of the blame for where it is now. So yeah, lot's of stress for that even before my first class. When I did get to my first class I soon realized that I was already behind. I had ordered my textbook from the bookstore but found out the weekend before that it was on backorder. So I had to order the book online and it still won't be coming in till some time next week. But I already have reading quizzes every class and homework problems that we're supposed to do solutions on the board for participation points. Kinda hard to do either of those without the book. From there I went straight to French class, still rusty, then to Accounting. The accounting class, I find out, is mostly student discovery learning, so we teach ourselves. That wouldn't be so bad if it weren't topping off the horrible day I'd been having. So nothing very terrible happened, it was just the accumulation of so many other things that I could barely take it anymore. And after all that I had an hour for lunch, but I couldn't even eat cuz my stomach was so out of control from stress. Then I went to 7 hours of work, and during that whole time I was having extreme lower back pain. I did get to see my siss, Eryn, for a little bit that night, so that was a bonus for the day.
Thursday was a lot easier again except for the continuation of the lower back pain. There had been a little bit more drama about the guy I'm trying to avoid and ending up not eating with some friends because of it. Had IV's large group meeting that I got to go to on time for the first time in a year. I finally worked out my work schedule so I wouldn't work those nights. And after that was our annual LUAU. That was so much fun. Mocktails, Leis, Sundaes out of a rain gutter, and dancing and limbo in a big back yard. Day in a row #3 of going to bed really late cuz of staying out late.
Finally, Friday, found the school days normalizing. The math class I was missing a book for now has one in our library's book reserve room so I was able to get copies of the first couple chapters until mine comes in. Took a nap, hung out with some IV people and hung around campus until a bunch of IV people met to go to our $3.50 theater. I went with a group of guys and one other girl and we saw Live Free or Die Hard. Let me just say, John McClane is my hero! I absolutely luvd this movie and would see it over and over again if given the opportunity. It makes me want to go back and see the first 3 again in all their glory... and make the guys that I found out had never seen the other ones see them too. Ahh, I would definitely call it one of this year's best. :)
So that was my first week of scool. Now comes #2... Only 15 more to go.. woot.. woot. ttfn
p.s. Why does Donald Duck wear a shirt but no pants and Mickey wear shorts but no shirt?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment