08 July 2008

Dragonfly = new hope

So the last couple of weeks have been more than a little, let’s say… difficult.  It all accumulated two days ago in a pretty emotional and late night.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m still right where I’m supposed to be, but a lot of circumstances have been taking a hard toll on my health.  I talked some of it out Saturday night, but I think it barely scratched the surface.  I haven’t even processed a lot of it myself.  I felt crappy just talking about as much as I did cuz I didn’t want to spend more time dwelling on a lot of it and it made me not want to go to bed cuz that meant getting up the next day that much sooner. But I did go to bed and I did wake up the next day. Blah, I don’t even know what to write about this.

One thing I got out of talking about it though was that on Sunday when I went to work I remembered, oh yeah, there’s good stuff here that I can focus on instead. Like we had a really good small group study that night. But I think the biggest thing of all for me was when I was leaving the house we had the small group in there was a dragonfly. My first one of the summer. It was great. For those who don’t know, dragonflies are kind of a big deal for me. It’s not really summer yet until I see one. And my life has kinda always been marked by my summers, so yeah, dragonflies are a big deal. It reminded me of last summer on my birthday when there were, like, twenty of them that just stayed around the lighthouse the entire day.

Sorry this blog is not really coherent or complete. I wanted to get something out about how I’ve been doing recently and I didn’t explain any of it very well.

 

p.s. our nafis has returned!… at least for a short while…

No comments: