20 September 2007

Not quite an adventure...

I'm so excited for the weather right now. This is, like, my favorite time of year. When it starts to get cold and gloomy/drizzly. It's just the best. The smell of rain coming in or just leaving, it's just perfect. Anyway, I got to school today about 7:45 and thought it'd be a good day for my first hot chocolate of the season. Well, actually, second cuz I had one on Saturday on the way to Tahoe, but I didn't want to count it cuz it was Starbucks and they really don't know how to make hot chocolate. Not that I'm picky or anything. ; )

So I went to one of our campus's many Java Citys (weird spelling, I know, but how would you pluralize a business's name?) and ordered my black & white hot chocolate. It's also called a tuxedo, but the tuxedo has espresso in it and I really don't like coffee, so to avoid confusion, that's how I order it instead. I had 2 of those cards that once you get stamped 10 times you get a free drink. Well, I had one stamped 8 times (but it looked like 9) and another with 2 stamps. At the register, the guy took the card with 8, stamped it again and gave me the one with 2 on it back and I didn't pay for anything. Then the girl that made my drink ended up making it with the coffee in it and they spelled my name Rane so she had trouble pronouncing it. I always enjoy that. I took about 5 steps, smelled the coffee and went back, got the right drink and they let me keep the other one to give to someone else.

Summation... 2 drinks all for a 8-stamp Java card. I love these kinda days!

p.s. Uggs are still uggly even when worn in inclement weather...

1 comment:

Eric said...

Haha. You are silly.