Updates..
The new year's resolutions are going pretty well I think.
The 365 photo project is under way and I've taken a few pictures each day, though they haven't all been posts from their respective days (now being posted on facebook) and it seems to be getting some good feedback. I look forward to what I'll be taking pictures of, say, in June. Though, I guess in new seasons there are always new things to look forward to.
The baking is going alright. I made meringue cookies last week with the extra egg whites from making ice cream (technically not baking, so I won't count the ice cream). This was the third time I've done the meringue cookies and I feel like they still aren't coming out quite right. Guess I'll have to make more ice cream so I can have more egg whites to experiment with until I get these things down. Hmm, what should I bake this week. Maybe I'll be really ambitious and go to the store so I can get more yeast and work on some breads... I guess we'll see.
The writing out the chapters of the Bible has been really interesting. I am currently on chapter 20 of Genesis, so I'm ahead and I hope to keep it that way. I'm really trying for a chapter in the morning and one at night. It reminds me of Psalm 1:1-2.. "Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night." That was the family camp Bible verse summer of '08 at CBS and I really want to implement that. Also, what I really enjoy is the fact that it forces me to spend more time in the Bible because it takes a lot longer to write it out then it does to read it. A good friend of mine has turned me on to these really great podcasts from a church in Kansas City. One of their series is called the God Story and goes through every book in the Bible. I think I'm going to try to start listening to those in relation to what I'm writing to re-enforce whatever I'm currently going through.
I, unfortunately, have failed so far in writing any letters to people even though I have had an ample amount of time to do so. I have no excuses, but I won't let that bring me down. I am determined to have one letter written and sent by the time of my next posting next week!
The fifth resolution... I kind of have a couple that go in this spot. These are just things that I want to improve upon myself but don't really wish to expand upon at this time. But I think that as a direct result from my other resolutions, these ones should follow naturally.
Oh right, I almost forgot! I also wanted to make a regular thing on the weekend update my highs and lows of the week, so...
low: Working with a woman who actively ignores me. This is very stressful and I don't know what to do about the situation.
high: Having 3 different days out on West Cliff. One day running by myself, then burritos and surfer watching with Jess and Kirsten, then photographing surfers and sunsets with Amanda.
Prayer requests: I need a new job. Or maybe just another job. Or maybe just to trust that God will provide what I need, whatever that may be. I mean, I guess he's got a pretty good track record thus far, right?

No comments:
Post a Comment